Trove Tuesday: Family Notices & Corrections

Today, when looking for Groves (my maternal line) family notices in the Newcastle Herald on Trove, I came across a great collection of "In Memoriam" notices from the family of Arthur Groves.

1927 'Family Notices.', Newcastle Morning Herald and Miners' Advocate (NSW : 1876 - 1954) , 7 May, p. 4, viewed 28 January, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article135594056


But, it was not until I went to correct the text that I realised there is also a Houston-Hughan (my paternal line) marriage notice on the same page!


1927 'Family Notices.', Newcastle Morning Herald and Miners' Advocate (NSW : 1876 - 1954) , 7 May, p. 4, viewed 28 January, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article135594056

Today, there are two things that I want to highlight that I am reminded of:

  1. Check out the rest of the page or paper and see what you might be missing.
  2. Pay it forward - every time you find a notice or article to use in your own research, aim to correct the text in the article, or even the whole page if you have time (you never know what you might discover in the process). 

I've been trying to do this, but I am sidetracked (or selfish) more often then not, and rarely get as much text correcting done as I intend.

In fact, I still haven't got that text corrected (thank you Baby for being awake much more than usual), but I have found some more great family notices for my research!

Labels: , , , ,