April A to Z Challenge - X Marks the Spot





Does anyone else feel like they are on a continuous treasure hunt with their research? Do you sometimes wish you had a treasure map with an X on it to show you where you need to be?

Did you know that you can use Google Earth to map your ancestors’ lives? Okay, I know it isn’t a treasure map … but sometimes it feels like it!

The best in the business when it comes to using Google Earth for genealogical purposes is Lisa Louise Cooke from Genealogy Gems. She even has a free presentation of Google Earth for Genealogy on her website.

It was from listening to Lisa’s podcasts that got me into blogging in the first place, so if you’re in need of some inspiration, I can highly recommend listening to them! 


This is a post for the April A-Z Challenge. This Challenge will cover each letter of the alphabet, one per day (except Sundays) for the month of April. I didn't register my blog with the organisers, but I'm going to follow along anyway. You can too! See www.a-zchallenge.com for more information.

Labels: