In a post back in December 2011, I wrote about my second great grandmother, Elizabeth John (nee Parsons). Today, I'm going to briefly expand on her ancestry.
Non-conformist research from the other side of the world, and a fairly mobile family, is proving to be a challenge with this one!
1. Elizabeth Parsons was born about 1858 in Wales (there are five possibilities so I haven't invested in certificates yet). She married William John, son of Evan John and Mary, on 11 December 1879 at the Carmel Baptist Chapel in Pontypridd, Glamorgan. She died on 14 November 1887 in New Lambton, NSW and was buried on 15 November 1887 in the Baptist section of Wallsend Cemetery.
2. Reuben Parsons was born on 18 December 1830 and christened on 14 February 1831 in the Primitive Methodist Church in Frome, Somerset. He married Susannah Right, daughter of John Right and Elizabeth.
3. Susannah Right was born about 1839 in Devon. She married Reuben Parsons, son of John Parsons and Harriet Beard.
4. John Parsons married Harriet Beard on 24 September 1825 in Melksham, Wiltshire.
5. Harriet Beard married John Parsons on 24 September 1825 in Melksham, Wiltshire.
6. John Right married Elizabeth.
7. Elizabeth married John Right.
This is a post for the April A-Z Challenge. This Challenge will cover each letter of the alphabet, one per day (except Sundays) for the month of April. I didn't register my blog with the organisers, but I'm going to follow along anyway. You can too! See www.a-zchallenge.com for more information.
Labels: A-Z Challenge, Parsons