Trove Tuesday: Knightly Growths & the Sultan of Movember

Apologies for the belated Trove Tuesday post, I thought I had pressed "Publish" last night, but I must have just pressed "Save"... wedding brain is my only excuse.

My fiance, using our house rabbit Sultan as his mascot, is doing Movember to raise awareness and funding for prostate cancer, in his introduction, he shared his personal reasons for taking part:

"I have decided to do Movember because my grandfather is a prostate cancer survivor and it claimed the life of my step-grandfather. I would like to take the opportunity to raise awareness of the disease."




While he was busy soliciting donations... I went on Trove and found this gem to give him some inspiration:

1970 'Knightly Growths', The Australian Women's Weekly (1933 - 1982), 18 February, p. 15, viewed 14 November, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-page5345299
Isn't it amazing what you can find on Trove even when you just search something like "moustache"!

In other news (and my excuse for not finishing the more comprehensive post I had planned), I have found a wedding dress! Only 3 months and a bit to go, so it was getting a little stressful not having something to wear down the aisle of my lovely church.

Labels: ,