Trove Tuesday: More Time... Less Payment for Income Tax!

For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you will know that last night, instead of writing up a post for Trove Tuesday, I was doing my dreaded tax return. So I just thought I'd share a humorous article that appeared in the Australian Women's Weekly in May 1940 about income tax. It finishes with a great little poem from the Scottish Bard, Robert Burns:

If by taxes you're oppressed,
Forget it all and give it best.
Tax-gatherers ere this hae died,
And not a citizen yet cried.

1940 'More TIME... less PAYMENT for Income Tax!.', The Australian Women's Weekly (1933 - 1982), 25 May, p. 21, viewed 30 October, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article51279387

Find all of the Trove Tuesday blog posts listed here or on Twitter by searching #TroveTuesday.

Labels: ,